A Perfect karate punch will knockout your opponent easily. As a Karate Kid you need to start with basic of punch called zuki. As per traditional karate, Shotokan Karate punch called one punch to kill. So today we are discussing more standing karate punch.
This specific punch is straight and direct, also have a twisting method.
Before you punch to do some basic exercise
Before you start to do this punch, you need to stretch your upper body muscle and waist, thigh and leg muscle fully stretchable and circulate blood fully.
After doing all basic exercise you are now ready to do some basic Shotokan karate punch.
Always remember when you start basic punch always punch on “Chudan” level. Means chest level.
Before start the punch, you have to take care to relax your nerve and also warm up your full body
The main important stance to a perfect standing position. Make sure your two legs stand straight to ground and the same distance as per your shoulder. Cause a perfect standing position and grip of the ground is more important than your strength. This is a basic position.
Lets start with the basic standing position, If you clear with the basic then you can go smoothly for next step.
Make a solid grip to the ground and think about what you are like a tree, do no one will disbalance your posture.
Now It’s time to start your first punch
- With a straight standing position and open your hand.
- The other hand is in the back position and the elbow will be equal to your back spine.
- Now relax your hand and punch straight to the level of your chest.
- Make sure your hand muscle is in relax position till you hit the opponent.
- The end of the punch must be twist then straight.
- And now it’s time to release all your power with the straight punch.
Make sure you release your full breath with this one punch. You need to grip the ground with feet and core muscles.
It’s time to continue the process
The main process for a beginner to do a perfect punch is a slow process. Make every punch with a count like 1………………. 2……………… 3………… This is a slow process. Always straight your shoulder, don’t move the shoulder part forward with the punch force. Always keep your two knuckles straight and linear.
Make a rhythm with your two hands. just like a mechanical way. Twist your wrist at the middle point of the two hands and follow this process repeatedly. Always focus on back elbow also.
The benefits of Shotokan karate punch
- To doing regularly this punch, You have got a perfect body balance and endurance power.
- You can protect yourself easily from any bad situation.
- This is a perfect exercise for shoulder, hip, and hand.
- This process will improve your breathing process. This is also a kind of breathing exercise.
- You can gain more stamina with this process.
We will cover hip twesting punch very soon. so stay with us.